Skip to Main Content
Sign In

New Student Checklist: Part 2

Image Picker for Section 0

You're halfway there!

​​You've attended New Student Orientation events, gotten your finances squared away, taken your Math Placement Exam, and set up your University email account. Follow the rest of the steps on the checklist to prepare for the fall semester and become a full-fledged Fightin' Blue Hen!

8. Set up your online billing account.

The University of Delaware uses an electronic billing process to bill all students for tuition and other fees. You will receive a monthly e-mail notification sent to your preferred email address when the bill is available; you can then log on to your billing account to view the bill. Online billing allows you to view, print, and pay your bills online. The e-bills will be stored on your account, providing you with convenient records to review past bills and payment information. The Parent/Guest Access feature allows you to give access to a third party, such as a parent or guardian. Once you have your UDID and PIN, you can log in to UDSIS and then select "Finances" to view your account. You can also grant an additional authorized user/parent access to your e-bill and notifications through the "Grant parent My Finances" option. After you log in to UDSIS, follow these steps:

  1. Select "Grant Parent My Finances Access" 
  2. Select "Add an Email Address." Choose email type "Billing," then enter the email address to be used for additional bill notifications.
  3. Select "Save."
  4. An email will be sent to the authorized party/parent with instructions on how to set up the user's password.

Authorized users/parents can then access the billing information at

Note: Students with SEED Scholarships still need to confirm billing and payment information with the University of Delaware.

Your first semester payment is due August 1, and if you are registering for classes after the initial semester date, you must log in to make a payment following your registration. Payments can be made online or via mailed check (no credit card payments are accepted) and you can choose from one of the following payment options:

  • Pay in full; payments can be deducted from a personal checking account at no additional cost.
  • Choose a four-payment installment plan and make your first payment (a $50 fee is charged for this service).
  • No payment/partial payment; certify that there are additional funds being used to cover the balance (i.e., Financial Aid/SEED, UD employee tuition benefits, etc.)

More information about online billing is available at

​9. Complete your personal & family medical history form.

All entering students (full-time and part-time) are required to complete and return a Personal and Family Medical History form. This information will serve as the basis for the student medical record and assist the Student Health Service medical staff in providing more complete medical treatment. Please note that for any student under age 18 at the time of enrollment, a parent or guardian's permission to provide treatment is required. Medical records are maintained as strictly confidential. See for more information.​

10. Get immunized.

The Division of Public Health of the State of Delaware requires that all entering students be properly immunized for measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles). Immunization forms will be sent to you in your New Student Orientation packet or you can obtain them from UD's Immunizations and Medical History​ page.​

The University of Delaware also requires that all students receive either a meningococcal meningitis vaccination or sign the meningococcal meningitis waiver provided with the immunization forms. Students who are at high risk for tuberculosis are also required to have a PPD/Mantoux Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test within six months of starting classes. (The definition of "high-risk students" is listed under category 1 and 2 in the Tuberculin PPD section of the immunization forms).​

​11. Send us transcripts of your college work.

All applicants are required to send to the Admissions Office an official transcript of any college work taken prior to the beginning of the semester for which they are admitted. This also pertains to high school students who enroll in courses at other institutions of higher learning while they are still in high school. Students who have taken UD courses while in high school do not need to submit a UD transcript; we already have these courses on your record. (This includes UD Academic Challenge and Summer College courses). 

However, if you have taken Delaware Technical & Community College courses, you will need to request that an official DTCC transcript be sent to us. Go to to download a DTCC Transcript Request Form. Completed forms should be submitted to the DTCC campus you attended.

​12. Send us an official copy of your advanced placement scores.

The University grants credit, in most cases, for scores of 3, 4, and 5 that are achieved on the Advanced Placement tests. In order to receive this credit, you need to have The College Board send an official copy of your Advanced Placement scores to the Admissions Office before you arrive on campus. At NSO, let your advisor know if you have taken an Advanced Placement test. Even if your scores have not been reported, it may affect the selection of classes for your first semester. Your advisor will discuss with you how this credit applies to your degree.

​13. View and print your fall class schedule.

Around the beginning of August, your fall class schedule will be posted in UDSIS, and you should check it out sooner rather than later. Go to and log in. From here, you will be able to see your entire fall schedule that your advisor helped you to choose during orientation. The "weekly view" allows you to see and print your schedule in weekly calendar format. In addition to class start times, the schedule also shows classroom numbers. Make sure you have this with you during the first week of classes while you familiarize yourself with your class locations.

And that's it! You're likely going to have questions we haven't addressed here as you begin your first fall semester as a freshman at UD, so don't hesitate to contact your campus's academic advisor if you need help.  

Office of Disability Support Services

In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the University of Delaware is committed to providing equal access for students, employees and visitors with a disability. The Office of Disabilities Support Services (DSS) provides reasonable accommodations and ensures equal access to University programs and services. The DSS office works with individuals who have physical, medical, psychological disabilities, as well as, learning disabilities and ADHD. Anyone requesting an accommodation from the University based on a disability should contact the DSS office directly. It is the individual's responsibility to inform the DSS office of the disability and need for accommodation. The DSS staff works in conjunction with other University departments to assist individuals with disabilities. Eligibility for reasonable accommodations is determined on a case-by-case basis utilizing established documentation guidelines. Please contact a DSS professional by phone at (302) 831-4643, by TTY/TDD (302) 831-4563, by fax at (302) 831-3261, by email at, or visit DSS website at The DSS office is located at Room 011, Hullihen Hall, Newark, Delaware. Students with temporary disabling conditions should contact the DSS office to discuss accommodations. University visitors with a disability are asked to contact the sponsoring department in advance to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made.​

Page Settings and MetaData:
(Not Shown on the Page)
Page Settings
New Student Checklist: Part 2
MetaData for Search Engine Optimization
New Student Checklist: Part 2
  • Associate in Arts Program
  • UD Academic Center
  • 300 N. Orange St.
  • Wilmington, DE 19801
  • Phone: (302) 571-5395
  • Fax: (302) 657-5198