Associate in Arts Program students with a grievance regarding a grade or a related academic complaint should follow the policies and procedures as they are outlined in Section IV (Grievance Procedures and Special Problems) of the Student Guide to University Policies. See below for further clarification of grievance procedures as they relate to Associate in Arts Program students:
- Students who have questions or complaints regarding a grade are, when appropriate, encouraged to first follow up with their professor in an effort to clarify the issue. Students should contact the instructor in writing within 10 business days of the end of the semester. Upon receiving this notification, the instructor must meet with the student to discuss the complaint within 10 business days.
- If the faculty member does not meet with the student within 10 business days, or if such a meeting would be inappropriate under the circumstances, or if the issue remains unresolved after a meeting between the student and the faculty member, the student may submit a written appeal to the AAP campus coordinator on his or her AAP campus; however, grievances and complaints regarding UNIV 116 courses should be forwarded to the attention of the AAP assistant dean. The campus coordinator or assistant dean will then attempt to mediate the complaint. The appeal must be submitted within 5 business days of the meeting between the student and the instructor.
- The AAP campus coordinator or assistant dean must issue a written decision on the appeal and, if applicable, a proposed resolution of the grievance no later than 15 business days after its submission.
- A student may appeal the campus coordinator or assistant dean's decision to the director of the Associate in Arts Program. This appeal request must be submitted no more than 5 business days after the date on which the campus coordinator or assistant dean's decision was sent.
- The director of the Associate in Arts Program will select the members of a hearing panel within 15 business days of receiving the appeal or, if that is too close to the end of a semester or session, within 15 days after the beginning of the next semester.
- Please refer to Section IV, Grievance Procedures and Special Problems, of the Student Guide to University Policies for a detailed description of the procedures beyond the hearing-panel stage of University grievance procedures.
This Page Last Modified On: